Production Hall in Devecser
In the new production hall under construction in Devecser the Energocell® foam glass granules were incorporated under the entire floor for thermal insulation. The material needed was delivered directly in the building, in units of 90 m³.
The general contractor designed and built the floor stratification in the following way:
- 18-cm steel fibre reinforced industrial floor
- 2 layers of PE film for separation
- 20-cm stone rubble layer for protection and infilling
- 30-cm Energocell® thermal insulation layer compacted at 1:1.4
- 40-cm stabilized backfill
Thanks to the layer structure presented the solid ground floor of the hall corresponds to the 0.3 W/m2K coefficient provided for by the Hungarian Minister Without Portfolio's Decree 7/2006 TNM, and the load-bearing capacity expected by the contractor.
The advantages provided by the layer structure built with foam glass have financial implications as well:
- Circulation during building works is allowed on the foam glass, because of the upper infill layer, which means that there is no need for a concrete pump either.
- There is no need to build in steel bars, fibre reinforcement of industrial floors built in this manner is enough.
- The incorporation of the granules allows for easy and fast execution, with one material and in one work process a part or in some cases the entire base layer and thermal insulation can be built.
The thermal insulation of the 3,640 m² floor surface of the hall with 1,530 m³ foam glass was finished in just 3 days. For the works only a shovel excavator, a vibratory roller and two professionals were needed.