Storage Space Extension at Laurastar Hungary
In order to increase its production capacity, the Swiss-owned Laurastar Hungary Kft. needed to extend its production and storage halls in Kapuvár. The 2-billion investment consists of the building of a storage facility, and a 1,600 m² production hall. Given the intended use of the hall, the thermal insulation capacity of the floor was expected to correspond to the 0.3W/m²K heat transmission coefficient.
Which is in accordance with the cost-optimal requirement level provided for by the Hungarian legislation (Decree 7/2006 TNM). For compliance with the requirements of the legislation, and provision of the needed load-bearing capacity they planned and incorporated ENERGOCELL®. The ENERGOCELL® foam glass granules were spread in a 28-cm thick layer and compacted at a 1:1.4 rate using a 15-tonne combination roller.
After spreading and compacting the foam glass granules, on this layer a coarse-grained bedding layer of 10-cm compacted thickness was executed. Finally, the layer structure was closed by a 20-cm thick polypropylene fibre-reinforced industrial floor.
The function of the upper bedding layer:
- it provides the foam glass layer with mechanical protection against the loads and mechanic impacts caused by circulation during construction works;
- it increases the load-bearing capacity of the foam glass layer;
- it reduces the stress generated by the floor loads and transmitted to the foam glass layer.
Further benefits of the layer structured in this manner:
- there is no need to additionally reinforce the industrial floor;
- addition of plastic or steel fibre is enough;
- there is no need to use a concrete pump, and for this reason the costs will be further reduced.